Sunday, January 3, 2016

January 1. Winter trout season opener.

I lost a glove, broke a net, caught some great fish, and discovered why wing trout fishing in southeast Minnesota and the driftless area is amazing. 

New Year's Eve was spent quietly with my wife, Ryan Secrest, and a fly tying vise. 


New Year's Day began 16deg with a biting wind and a 2 mile hike through the snow. 






I'm thankful for the easement and property owners who have left this land undeveloped. 






The fish were generous and willing to take nymphs and streamers. 



Now, the big question is, when I got back to get my glove I lost somewhere by the stream, do I bring a rod?





4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, and yes, I'd bring a rod.

    Oh, and if you spent your NYE with Seacrest, it also means you spent it with Jenny McCarthy...and there's nothing quiet about that. Ugh.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the rod came along, but got much less use. I was up against a timeline while mommy and baby napped :) Still, I had a few takes which was fun. As for Jenny McCarthy, no words…..

      Delete
  2. You always carry a fly rod in the car. =) Looks like a lot of territory to wander. Have a great 2016.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wise words! I wish you a great year as well!

      Delete